Join Our Team
Executive Director Job Description
Organization – Sepulveda Unitarian Universalist Society
Location – North Hills, CA
Position – Executive Director – Part-Time
Compensation – $30 per hour / Average 16 Hours per week
Executive Director – Part-Time
We are looking for an outgoing self-driven individual with an ability to interact with a variety of people and to oversee the development and administration of systems, processes and marketing for our congregation. Strong organizational skills, confident demeanor and positive attitude is preferred. Familiarity with Unitarian Universalist principles is a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Church Administration, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role and volunteer coordination preferred
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in management and governance
- Experience working in a church or non-profit setting
- Flexible and Visionary
- Deep understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics
- Experience with project management
- Experience with Systems and Process Development
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
- Public Relations experience
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development
- Strong Organizational and Technical skills
- Knowledge of Google Suite and cloud based systems
- Property and Land Management
- Work with the Land Sale Taskforce to culminate the subdivision and sale of vacant land.
- Take a lead position in assisting the Board or Trustees in navigating the process to update our Conditional Use Permits with city government.
- To work with the Finance Committee in developing a comprehensive property rental program.
- Collaborate with Finance Committee
- To fund development through grant writing
- To seek out new outside revenue sources to supplement current fundraising systems
- To Budget Development and Management
- To help facilitate Member loans
- Fundraising through Internal Partner building
- To assist the Endowment Fund Committee with developing long term financial goals
- Collaborate with Finance Committee
- Work with the President of the Board of Trustees and Chair of the Committee on Ministry and represent the congregation to the larger community through print, social media, and other marketing outlets
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for social media and content marketing
- Develop a Rental marketing program
- Create a culture of transparency and communication throughout the organization
- Cloud Systems – Google Suite, and Powerchurch
- Oversee administrative tasks including systems development and administration as well as administrative process management
- Creating or implementing systems and processes where they do not already exist and encouraging the use of those systems and processes
- Human Resources
- Encourage engagement of existing membership by coordinating with congregational leadership and membership committee
- Coalition Building
- During the months of July and August, the position will require more time meeting with the congregation at large to assess the needs of the community in the initial visioning process. This will require the Director to be available Sunday mornings in addition to two nights during the week of our three Summer Revival Weeks.
- To attend the Leadership Retreat in July.
- To facilitate the Leadership Retreat in September.
- To attend monthly Board of Trustees meetings.
- To work with the Finance Committee, Committee on Ministry, and Endowment Fund Committee.
Who We Are
As Unitarian Universalists, we invite all people who thirst for authenticity and a connection with the mystery of life to participate in the practice of our shared values. Through weekly shared services, events, and community outreach, our goal is to build our welcoming progressive-faith community.
How to Apply
People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. Sepulveda UU is committed to developing a diverse and talented staff team. If you are excited about this role, but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply. Send cover letter and résumé—indicating “Executive Director Position” in the subject line—via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.